Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So much progress, so few blogs...

Well, I guess this blog is seeming more and more like an account of my zine progress, I'll try to keep that to a minimum. However, that is oftentimes the most interesting thing I'd care to talk about, because it is probably one of the few legitimately worthwhile things I am getting to do with my time.
Over the past week, I've probably spent 8 or so hours doing various things for the zine (whether writing or researching about it), and I've finally decided upon a name.
The Blast.
The Blast is what Alexander Berkman called his periodical waaaaay back in 1917, and I figure it's a good enough name. Although now it feels like there's more pressure to deliver properly upon it's legacy, however minor. Also I feel a little guilty that I am turning a short-lived revolutionary labor circular with heavy anarchist leanings into an adolescent masturbatory exploration of creativity. Sort of a content change.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll make more finalized physical progress. I've already made what appears to be a very satisfactory cover, very plain, with only typed text, but the fact that I now have 29 issues of essentially hijackable original content, the possibility of using the old Blast's graphics for my purposes is very tempting. I worry that I will have too many pages of introduction and fluff and not enough content. This will be remedied by making them too long for their own good. I don't know how I'm going to really bind them, as anything of decent length will be a rediculously boring thing to fold together in a traditionally zine-y way.

No comments: